I'm currently running the eval version of Parallels 18 Desktop Pro after moving to Macbook Pro M2 from Intel based Macbook.
I'm running into several issues with the parallels provider for Vagrant when using multi-machine configuration. I've reset all settings in Parallels - everything should be the default values.
I've been using a basic Vagrant file with the following for troubleshooting:
I'm seeing these issues:
Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
config.vm.provision "shell", inline: "echo Hello"
config.vm.define "web" do |web|
web.vm.box = "bento/ubuntu-20.04-arm64"
config.vm.define "db" do |db|
db.vm.box = "bento/ubuntu-20.04-arm64"
In both scenarios, the VMs are started and I can access them within Parallels. The ssh server is also running in both VMs and listening on port 22. From the desktop, .
- Vagrant up at times doesn't successfully complete the provisioning process because it cannot connect to the 2nd VM
- Vagrant up completes but vagrant ssh db fails. vagrant ssh web works without issue
- Both VMs have unique MAC addresses
- Both VMs show the same IP address (10.211.55.22)
- Parallels is providing DHCP
- VMs are both on the shared network
- The web VM seems to always work (accessible via Control Center and ssh)
- The db VM sometimes is hung (frozen console when launched from Control Center) and other times it work in the console but not reachable by ssh (likely due to IP conflict)
Without making any changes, I executed vagrant halt followed by vagrant up. If I get a good startup of both VMs, I've observed the following:
- Duplicate IPs are assigned to the VMs
- vagrant ssh-config will produce a valid ssh config file for one of the VMs but will not have an value after Host for the other
- Both VMs are accessible via Control Center