Parallels 2.2, Vista Host, Wireless Networking

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RichardET, Jun 20, 2007.

1. RichardET

RichardET Bit poster

Thread was moved from "General Discussions > User Solutions and Workarounds" to "Parallels Desktop for Mac > Installation and Configuration in Mac OS".
    Stacey M

Using a Vista Host, Suse 10.2 Guest, Intel Pro wireless card, Guest DHCP does not work.
    Same OS combo, but this time using wired ethernet, Guest DHCP does work.
    Parallels is very cagey about the problem or its solution. A hardware kluge fix
    might be to use Linksys WET54G wired2wireless converter, but this small part is about
    $100 retail. The free VMware workstation 6 app does work with wireless,
    but Parallels has a much better interface. Are there any suggestions out there?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  2. RichardET

RichardET Bit poster

Wireless Networking

I like the the Parallels overall product, but it doesn't work with wireless and VMware does.
    I set it up last night. I would really love to hear from Parallels what their thoughts are on a solution to this obviously tricky wireless problem.

3. mankiko

mankiko Bit poster

yes, i am having the same problem! Would love to hear any suggestions

4. kirquito

kirquito Bit poster

Wireless problem

I also can't get this to work and am a bit frustrated. I am evaluating to see if I want to buy it. Without access to the internet it is a bit useless.

5. usersam

usersam Bit poster

Workaround

I was able to install an additional USB wireless adapter. Then in the guest OS, I "acquired" the USB device which disables the usage of the device in the host OS. The drivers for the new adapter were installed guest OS, and I now have wireless connectivity in both the host and guest OS's. The host OS is using the built-in wireless adapter in the laptop. The guest OS is using the USB wireless adapter. It would be better if I didn't have a dongle sticking out of my laptop, but it works!!