Parallels 3.0 and USB 2.0 Problems in Build 3188

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Davos, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davos

Davos Bit poster

On June 2, I posted a thread titled "Making new users pay for Parallels 3.0: NOT FAIR!". I failed to explain that I'm happy with my Build 3188 version except for one thing: My Kensington Pocket Keypad/Calculator working off of my MacBook USB 2.0 port doesn't work most of the time.

Why should I have to pay $40-50 or more to buy an upgrade to get "wider USB 2.0..." capability when such a problem should be addressed in the weekly updates of my current version of Parallels? And if I do buy the upgrade, what assurance do I have that the problem has been fixed? Shouldn't such a fix also be made to the version I already have through the update process?

By the way, what is strange about the problem is that the Kensigton Pocket Keypad/Calculator initially works fine on the Mac OS 10.4.9 platform and on the XP Professional SP2 platform. But when I switch back to the Mac platform it does not work on the Mac platform unless I shut the computer down and restart.

Any thoughts from the Parallel's Team and Forum members would be appreciated?

Davos

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello Davos
    It seems, what you didn't remove your Kensigton Pocket Keypad/Calculator from Devices->USB before switching back to the Mac platform.

3. Davos

Davos Bit poster

Why should I have to do that as I switch between the two platforms several times a day?

Is that something i have to do in Parallels everytime I flip between platforms?

Davos

4. wingdo

wingdo Pro

Two OSes cannot be "in charge" of the same piece of hardware at the same time. Using device manager you are determining which OS is in charge. If you give access to Windows ...... you have to relinquish access back to OS X when done.

5. Davos

Davos Bit poster

Wingdo- Thanks for your response. I understand. Davos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.