Parallels 3: Can't download Gmail ???

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ruel, Jan 28, 2009.

1. ruel

ruel Member

I'm using Parallels 3 build 5626, WinXP SP3, and Mac OS 10.4.11. In the Parallels settings, I'm using the shared networking setting to connect to the internet. Browsing the internet is not a problem. Downloading Gmail is the problem for me.

When in XP under Parallels, I cannot download Gmail via pop3 when using either Thunderbird or Outlook Express or the Windows Live Mail software application.

I am able to download email via pop3 from Inbox.com. The difference is that I have to use SSL port 995 for the pop3 settings for Gmail, but don't have to use that SSL settings for the other email. I think the problem is related to SSL or the port, but I don't really know???

Yes, I can use Gmail's webmail in a browser, but I want to download the Gmail using the email software in XP.

If I'm not using XP with Parallels, I can download Gmail pop3 email using Thunderbird when I'm only in Mac OS 10.4.11.

But it's a "no go" when in XP under Parallels -- and get the same negative results when trying to download Gmail in Windows 7 beta under Parallels.

Any help would be appreciated....

2. Flagg

Flagg Hunter

ruel,

Try setting up port forwarding in Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Network.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Could you please check can you download from Gmail from another network?
    If you are using MB?
    If yes, it is somehow related to your router settings
    Also please check do you have any antivirus or firewall