Parallels 3 - I don't need no stinkin' devices

driver49

Member
I have Parallels v3.x and WinXP on a new MacBook. Everything is running fine presently.

Whenever I plug a USB device in to the MacBook, if Windows is running, Parallels asks me if I want to connect the device to Windows. I never do. I don't need to attach anything to my Windows installation on the Mac (it's pretty much a "read only" proposition."

Is there a default setting I can set somewhere to get Parallels / Windows to completely ignore devices when they're connected to the computer?

Thanks,

--PS
 
Gee, that's helpful.

I don't guess you'd care to give me a clue as to WHERE in manual I should look?

I can always go looking for a needle in a haystack, but I posed the question here in hopes that somebody who had already been through the haystack could give me a better clue than "it's in the haystack."

Thanks,

--PS
 
Start Parallels Desktop holding Command key
In Configuration editor click USB Controller
You will be able to see Connection Options
Select what you want
 
Back
Top