Random Chaos
Bit poster
I've been having a number of issues with Parallels 4 since upgrading about a month and a half ago. Hopefully someone can point me toward some solutions.
1. On boot, I receive a "new device detected" on the Parallels Paravirtualization Driver. The OS cannot find the driver for it and complains. However, after canceling out of all the windows that Windows pops up, it seems to finally find the driver since it doesn't have any errors in the system device panel. This doesn't seem like it is normal.
The bottom bar of Parallels states "Parallels Tools are not installed. From the Virtual Machine menu, choose install Parallel Tools." The only problem is that Parallels Tools are installed. I've tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them with no luck getting rid of the message or fixing the driver problem.
2. Drag-and-drop transfers between the Mac and Windows are extremely slow, sometimes taking a couple minutes to move a single small file. Opening the .psf "network" links are equally slow. This is intermittent, but seems to be occurring more and more frequently. Accessing \\IP.address works fine by comparison.
3. Every time I reboot my Mac, I have to relink the HDD in the Parallels config or I get the fairly common issue with bootcamp HDD drives where Parallels cannot open the HDD.
None of these problems occurred with Parallels 3.
I'm running a Mac Pro (2008) with 10GBs memory. I have 3 internal HDDs (1 boot camp, 2 mac), an external Time Machine drive. Additionally this system has three ODDs, two internally and one external (USB).
I'm currently running 10.5.5 (have not rebooted since 10.5.6 came out yet). The guest OS is Windows XP SP3.
Let me know if you need any info.
--
And now a general gripe: There needs to be a way to scan directories and update the Windows Helper Apps in them to new versions of the app and different Virtual Machine IDs. Very annoying when you change something and all your windows app links break.
1. On boot, I receive a "new device detected" on the Parallels Paravirtualization Driver. The OS cannot find the driver for it and complains. However, after canceling out of all the windows that Windows pops up, it seems to finally find the driver since it doesn't have any errors in the system device panel. This doesn't seem like it is normal.
The bottom bar of Parallels states "Parallels Tools are not installed. From the Virtual Machine menu, choose install Parallel Tools." The only problem is that Parallels Tools are installed. I've tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them with no luck getting rid of the message or fixing the driver problem.
2. Drag-and-drop transfers between the Mac and Windows are extremely slow, sometimes taking a couple minutes to move a single small file. Opening the .psf "network" links are equally slow. This is intermittent, but seems to be occurring more and more frequently. Accessing \\IP.address works fine by comparison.
3. Every time I reboot my Mac, I have to relink the HDD in the Parallels config or I get the fairly common issue with bootcamp HDD drives where Parallels cannot open the HDD.
None of these problems occurred with Parallels 3.
I'm running a Mac Pro (2008) with 10GBs memory. I have 3 internal HDDs (1 boot camp, 2 mac), an external Time Machine drive. Additionally this system has three ODDs, two internally and one external (USB).
I'm currently running 10.5.5 (have not rebooted since 10.5.6 came out yet). The guest OS is Windows XP SP3.
Let me know if you need any info.
--
And now a general gripe: There needs to be a way to scan directories and update the Windows Helper Apps in them to new versions of the app and different Virtual Machine IDs. Very annoying when you change something and all your windows app links break.