Parallels 5 booting time much faster after the first boot of the vm

Michael Kruck

Bit poster
Hello,

I'm using Parallels Desktop 5.0.9220 on OS X 10.6.2 and I'm wondering about the boot behaviour of the virtual machines. I have one with Win XP SP3 and one with Win 7 Professional each vm has 1,5 GB memory assigned to it. Both behave exactly the same way described in the following:

If I start the vm it takes approx. 1min 30sec to boot, but if I shut down the vm and completey quit Parallels Desktop, and then booting again, it only takes 30sec until I have full access on every programm within the vm?! How is this possible, and how could I change any option to have this very fast boot from the beginning? Is there anything cached during the first start up?

The performance in each vm is really good at any time, it's only a matter of the booting time?! Any ideas?

Kindest regards
Michael
 
Back
Top