Parallels 5 - Use Bootcamp or MacOS VM?

Is the better installation using Boot Camp or VM files within Mac OS?

  • Boot Camp

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VM Files within Mac OS

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

BadgerDad

Bit poster
I have a MacBook Pro 13", Snow Leopard with a Win7 Boot Camp partition, and will be getting Parallels once a 8GB memory upgrade is installed. Have a 500GB drive, so plenty of space.

Which experience has been better for everyone, and is recommended by the community? Using a Boot Camp partition, or using VM files within Mac OS and not having the extra partition? I'm a developer, so I use both XCode and Visual Studio, so I'm looking at performance primarily, as well as ease of use.

I don't mind dumping my Boot Camp partition, since this is a clean installation I am playing around with.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top