Parallels 5608 (and earlier versions cannot "force Quit"

PToomeyJr

Member
Xenos,
I've been using the various Parallels for Mac versions for about 1 1/2 years and am fairly satisfied, though all of the releases seem to have quirks. Eventually these get fixed so life goes on, but one that does not ever get addressed is this:

Regardless of the release/version number Parallels often hangs, and I am forced to re-start the virtual machine. No matter what I try I am unable to use the Mac OS "Force Quit" sequence either by going to the Apple Menu and selecting "Force Quit" OR by right mouse clicking the icon on the task bar. If I do it once and wait for quite awhile nothing happens at all. If I perform this action numerous times (10-12) eventually it will usually quit.

Have you changed to boot sequence for Parallels for Mac in version 5608? IT seems to take a little longer to boot XP than before, but it seems to be the most stable for me. Also, perhaps a change has made the "force quit" work slightly better but I cannot quantify this.

Is anyone else having better luck with 'force quit' than me.

Patrick Toomey
Charlottesville, Virginia
 
Back
Top