So last Friday, I decided to try out parallels, as I got tired of having to reboot my macbook every time I needed to use a windows program.
After installing parallels 6.0.11994, the program did not find my bootcamp partition. I checked disk utility and my bootcamp partition was not mounted anymore. I tried mounting it and nothing happened.
Then I tried rebooting into windows, and I got a an error: A disk read error has occurred.
So now I can't load my windows partition anymore, and it's not recognized in OSX. I never imagined that installing a program could so easily damage a hard drive partition, without so much as a warning.
My hardware is:
macbook pro 15" mid 2010 (i7)
windows 7x64 professional
At this point I would be very happy to just recover my windows partition. Any ideas?
Thanks,
psymn
After installing parallels 6.0.11994, the program did not find my bootcamp partition. I checked disk utility and my bootcamp partition was not mounted anymore. I tried mounting it and nothing happened.
Then I tried rebooting into windows, and I got a an error: A disk read error has occurred.
So now I can't load my windows partition anymore, and it's not recognized in OSX. I never imagined that installing a program could so easily damage a hard drive partition, without so much as a warning.
My hardware is:
macbook pro 15" mid 2010 (i7)
windows 7x64 professional
At this point I would be very happy to just recover my windows partition. Any ideas?
Thanks,
psymn