Parallels 7 and Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cceedfw, Sep 1, 2011.

1. cceedfw

cceedfw Bit poster

I upgraded from version 6 this morning. I'm using a Macbook Pro (Snow Leopard 10.6.8) with 2.66GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD and I have one guest OS with Windows 7. My guest OS is configured with roughly 4GB RAM and a 100GB HDD.

Every time I launch Parallels 7 it starts up as normal but then after about 10 secs it vanishes. All Parallels windows are gone, no blue light on dock under icon, not listed under Force Quit, etc. But the odd thing is that its still running...I can hear all the windows startup sounds, usb dings, etc. Then when I launch the Parallels app again it pops right back into Windows and everything is still running. Within maybe 10 secs it vanishes again. And it just repeats as this every time.

Am I missing something? Is there a new setting for Lion that might be causing this experience on Snow Leopard.

This is my work machine so I had to uninstall 7 and go back to 6 to get some work done today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. wonder_mice

wonder_mice Hunter