Hey all,
I've been searching the forums posts but can't find the specific answers to my question.
I have a customer running an older MacBook Air (2011 model 4,2) with OSX 10.7.5 and Parallels 7 with an XP Pro VHD that he uses to run an older piece of software. I want to upgrade him to OSX 10.10 Yosemite (and eventually 10.11 El Capitan, if possible) so I will need to upgrade his Parallels to 11 first. However, all the literature says it will only upgrade from 8 and above. Is this just for the "upgrade" pricing? I don't care about that and will gladly pay the full price. I just want to know if the Parallels version 7 VHD will open and be upgraded if I install Parallels 11. If not, can I do an interim demo install of 9 or something and then put in the paid version version of 11?
Thanks in advance for any advice/answers.
I've been searching the forums posts but can't find the specific answers to my question.
I have a customer running an older MacBook Air (2011 model 4,2) with OSX 10.7.5 and Parallels 7 with an XP Pro VHD that he uses to run an older piece of software. I want to upgrade him to OSX 10.10 Yosemite (and eventually 10.11 El Capitan, if possible) so I will need to upgrade his Parallels to 11 first. However, all the literature says it will only upgrade from 8 and above. Is this just for the "upgrade" pricing? I don't care about that and will gladly pay the full price. I just want to know if the Parallels version 7 VHD will open and be upgraded if I install Parallels 11. If not, can I do an interim demo install of 9 or something and then put in the paid version version of 11?
Thanks in advance for any advice/answers.