Parallels Access get confused with two identical Apple Ethernet adapter

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KendrickL, Aug 7, 2014.

1. KendrickL

KendrickL Bit poster

I am using two Apple Ethernet adapters with two different VMs, which are all windows based.

Those two VMs belong to different intranet so I have to user two ethernet adapters to make them connect to their own intranet.

However, I think two identical USB adapters make parallels access confused.

Sometimes my guest OS could not connect to its own intranet.

After removing one of the adapters physically from the iMac, the connection of the guest OS becomes normal.

I notice in VM's configure -> Hardware -> Network, there are two USB Ethernet.

Screen Shot 2014-08-08 at 10.02.23 AM.png

Two identical name might be the reason make Parallels Access confused?

To eliminate this possibility, is there any way to change the device name in Parallels Access?

2. KendrickL

KendrickL Bit poster

Update my situation more precisely.

When I use two identical Apple Ethernet adapter, after using for approximately couple days, my VM suddenly could not reach its own network.

It shows error message below.
    test.jpg
    I have already check my adapter and the cable to rule out the possibility of hardware failure.
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 11.42.55 AM.png

After removing one of the adapters which is used by another VM physically, the connection becomes normal.

Could you please help me verify how to fix it?

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  3. KendrickL

KendrickL Bit poster

Hi

I use VirtualBox to examine my configuration and I find this problem listed above might due to Parallels Desktop's bug.

When I use VirtualBox, all my two VMs, which use two different sub-nets, can connect to its own network successfully.

VM1
    in-good.png

VM1's Configuration
    in-setup.png

VM2
    out-good.png

VM2's Configuration
    out-setup.png

However, with the same infrastructure, there is only one VM can connect to its own network.

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 5.12.56 PM.jpg

Moreover, the one that can connect will lose its connection somehow in couple days.

I like PD so much and really want to upgrade to PD10.

Please help me to solve this issue....thanks