Parallels account was signed in from an urecognised web browser

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MatthewS13, Mar 12, 2018.

1. MatthewS13

MatthewS13 Bit poster

I've not used parallels for a good few years as I sold my MacBook. I've just received an email saying my account was signed in from an unrecognised web browser in Italy (I live in the UK). I've changed my password but is there anything else i need to worry about? I'm a little concerned, just this mean that my old MacBook is being used by someone else using my parallels account? I was pretty certain I formatted everything when i sold it.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello MatthewS13. Please follow these steps: 1.) Reset your Parallels My Account password - ensure that the new password is a strong one and is not being used for any other services. The password should be unique. 2.) Log into the new version of Parallels My Account at - https://my.parallels.com/login -, go to "Security Settings" and set Authentication value to: "On".

3. MatthewS13

MatthewS13 Bit poster

Thanks for the help, where is 'authentication'. I'm using safari on my iPhone and can't find it

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Once you're on the account main page, click on the user icon in the upper right corner and select 'Security Settings' from the menu that appears. You'll find the option 'Authentication' on the next page.

5. paul39

paul39 Bit poster

Hello,

i would like to disable such "Info mails". I'm not a phish afine user, i don't want to be mothered and "Informed" about unrecognised devices. I often delege cookie mess, i know what i'm doing, things are often "unrecignised" and this is totally ok but this crappy mail is not ok - the "login form unrecognised device" mail is pure unwanted pseud-information assuming i don't know what i'm doing, pure mothering, filling material for my inbox which i just don't want receive - i totally don't care what parallels security IT departemnt think is good for me - i don't care what this department think. I dont want any unwanted mails from parallels, this is unwanted.
    I really don't need info mails on unrecognised what ever, i don't need 50000 warnings before deleting a file, i don't need the parachute for the parachute of the parachute parachute, i just don't want any unwanted mails form parallels and others in the evening so please let me know how to disable parallels account-nanny.

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we use in-product notifications to share several types of information with our customers.
    First, and most importantly, we share information about product updates which are generally related to compatibility with OS X, new features and product enhancements.
    Second, we occasionally share special offers from Parallels or other third party companies who provide special deals for our customers. Many of our customers rely on the information about product updates and appreciate the special deals for products that are of interest to them.
    Individual notifications can be turned off by clicking the "don't show this again" button. However, because customers need to receive important product information, there is not a mechanism for customers to completely disable notifications.