parallels and Boot Camp

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sunblizzard, Oct 22, 2007.

1. sunblizzard

sunblizzard Bit poster

I am trying out Parallels and it seems to be doing fine on my Mac.

If I install Boot Camp after I get Leopard, can I still use Parallels also?

Also, I've heard about "Fusion". How does it compare to Parallels?

thanks

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

You should be able to use your existing Parallels with Leopard. Leopard is not finished yet, and thus Parallels cannot say it will work perfectly; it is experimentally supported, which is the best you can get from any software company that is dealing with virtualization.

Some find Fusion faster, others find Parallels faster. I am of the opinion that a properly tuned Parallels is faster 95% of the time than a tuned Fusion. Parallels is more stable, although some may debate that. Parallels also has more features.

I stay with Parallels because the above is my experience. Parallels has come a VERY long way in the past year, and their support has moved from inadequate to commendable (although, I never had an issue with it on-line, and found them very prompt). Only time I had a bad experience was when I got some Tier 1 telephone techs, one of whom was misinformed... After dealing with them, I got some regional head, who just tried to sell me things instead of looking into my issue. Considering how many people are on the support team, and all the good assistance I have received, I would rate it a 9/10 for what I have experienced.