Parallels and iCloud

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Parallels User, Jan 24, 2018.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @EarlD, please help us with screenshots of the applications mentioned above in both the pvm files, so that we can analyse the issue and help you out.

3. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We really understand your concern but Parallels Desktop doesn't have an option to give an alert when a VM is changed or modified and also if Parallels Desktop was not running at the time when the pvm file is replaced then also you will not know. As you have said if the file name is different then that would have made the difference. We suggest you to backup the pvm files manually to avoid the same.

5. itachi

itachi Bit poster

Hi everybody.
    I reopen this topic.
    I'd like to know if it's possible to synchronize parallels on two Mac.
    Can I just put the pvm file in iCloud folder and let it synchronize ? What I have to care about? Thanks in advance for you help

6. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @itachi, basically, we do not recommend running Windows virtual machine from iCloud. Common Windows virtual machine occupies around 20GB of disk space. As more you work in VM, as more space it will take. Uploading a virtual machine to iCloud might occupy an ample part of your iCloud storage.

When you run a virtual machine that is located in a iCloud-synced folder, due to I/O disk operations virtual hard disk files are constantly being modified. Therefore iCloud will constantly try to upload the files, but will drop the upload once it detects that the files are changed. This leads to outbound network traffic waste.
    However, the virtual machine may be successfully uploaded to iCloud. Once uploaded, please keep in mind that deleting a virtual machine from one place (either iCloud or local folder) will automatically delete it from another. Make sure not to lose your virtual machine.