Parallels Blocking Wifi Autoconnect

Benzo

Bit poster
Hello, everyone. I have recently upgraded from Parallels 3 to 4 and now have a problem with my Airport WiFi. When I restart my computer my preferred network is not automatically selected. After performing some investigation it seems that Parallels injects its host networking profiles (regardless if i disable all networking from within Parallels or delete these networking profiles and lock my system preferences). The result seems to be that Airport scans and places priority to Parallels, obviously without success; and the result is that my preferred network takes second seat and must be manually selected. This is a significant issue for me as I require my machine to boot at specified intervals and be connected to the Internet without a human pilot.

Below is a screenshot of my network preferences as they are reset every instance of reboot. I have half a mind to delete Parallels 4 but since I paid for it I'd like to entertain a solution first.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2893/picture3wb9.png

Any ideas?
 
Do you have all the latest updates from Apple installed?
Please send a problem report using menu "Help"->Report a Problem and post here the number.
 
Ok,
Could you please send a problem report just after reboot and joining airport to the network? Unfortunately in this report the system.log was already turned over and doesn't contain information i need (related to startup of system).
 
I restarted and after the failure to reconnect submitted a report:

Your problem report has been sent to the Parallels Support team with id 17192.
 
There are strange lines in the system.log:

airportd[110]: Error: SecKeychainSearchCopyNext() returned error: -25300
airportd[110]: Error: _ACKeychainCopyPassword() expected password for "XXX" not found: -25300 (The specified item could not be found in the keychain.)
Macintosh airportd[110]: Expected password for "XXX" not found; skipping..

and after connecting:
...
airportd[110]: Error: SecTrustedApplicationCreateFromPath() = 100002 (UNIX[No such file or directory])
===
afaik there is no code in the Parallels Desktop 4.0 that does changes in the keychain (but there are in the Parallels Server), so i think that it is not a Parallels Desktop 4.0 issue.

The article http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-59928.html stands that
deleting ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain and immediate logout after that had helped (to not update from the cached copy.. although it is slightly magic action).

--
Also may help

Keychain First Aid as described in
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh1777.html

Reset the Keychain using "Keychain Access"
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh1771.html
 
Back
Top