gregwilson1
Bit poster
Parallels blues (updated)
Hello all,
I've read as many threads as I can about the problems I've been having with parallels, but the I can't fix them.
I installed parallels 3.0 build 4128.0 and Windows XP Pro on a brand new macbook pro (2.5ghz duo, OS X version 10.5.4, 4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, with 250 gig drive almost none is used, I have not configured BootCamp, I have not installed Parallels Tools) and it ran fine until I installed a Verizon Wireless Modem so I could be online in the car. The Mac side had no problems connecting, but the VM side gave me all kinds of problems. I had to by-pass the VWAccess (verizonwireless) controls and manually connect, not a big deal, I know, but this was the start of my problems. I finally connected online on the VM side but when I switched over to the Mac side Parallels crashed both the Mac and the VM machines. This was a repeated thing from this point on, every 10 minutes or so of using Parallels it would crash and I'd have to restart my whole computer. I was afraid to switch back and forth from the VM side to the Mac side and vice versa, which makes me wish I had just used bootcamp. Anyway, I couldn't a solution and the crashing was getting more frequent so I uninstalled parallels and reinstalled it, but I didn't follow the directions that were posted on this site (I hadn't joined this forum yet) so I didn't completely remove Parallels. Had major crashing problems, same as before but this time it gave me an "unexpected failure, should we revert to the previous settings?" My translation may be a little poor as the comp is set for german. but Parallels wouldn't open at all. So, I found the directions to unistall and did that, but when I got to the Terminal section were I was suppose to put in the text:
sudo rm -rf /Library/StartupItems/Parallels
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Parallels
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/vmmain.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/hypervisor.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Pvsvnic.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ConnectUSB.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Pvsnet.kext
It wouldn't let me put that in, it was just showing my name and asking for my password. When I would type my pass word it would only ask for it again. I couldn't copy and paste the text into the field. What gives? I skipped it cause I was frustrated and continued with the unistallation. Upon reinstallation it never prompted me for my serial # and I recieved the same Parallels unexpectedly quit, would you like to revert to the previous settings? and like before Parallels would not open at all.
It really shouldn't give me this many problems, I'd really like to get it figured out. So, one more question before I go, the reason I'm "trying" to use parallels is so I can use GrlevelX, the storm tracking software, but Parallels won't recognize the DirectX driver. Is that normal? Does Parallels not support the DirectX driver? Because I've never had a problem with it on any PC running XP.
I know this is long but please Help if you can!! thanks so much! I've posted the crash report below.
Process: Parallels [183]
Path: /Applications/Parallels/Parallels
Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Parallels
Identifier: com.parallels.desktop
Version: 3.0 (3.0 Build 4128.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [64]
Date/Time: 2008-08-04 23:30:02.040 -0600
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)
Report Version: 6
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 1
Thread 0:
0 com.parallels.desktop 0x0034c890 0x1000 + 3455120
1 com.parallels.desktop 0x0034c938 0x1000 + 3455288
2 com.parallels.desktop 0x0034cac5 0x1000 + 3455685
3 com.parallels.desktop 0x0012e9b3 0x1000 + 1235379
4 com.parallels.desktop 0x000419ec 0x1000 + 264684
5 com.parallels.desktop 0x00006792 0x1000 + 22418
6 com.parallels.desktop 0x000066b9 0x1000 + 22201
Thread 1 Crashed:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9414368e __semwait_signal + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9416e36d pthread_cond_wait$UNIX2003 + 73
2 libGLProgrammability.dylib 0x90994432 glvmDoWork + 162
3 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9416d6f5 _pthread_start + 321
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9416d5b2 thread_start + 34
Thread 1 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
eax: 0x00000004 ebx: 0x9416e38d ecx: 0xb00a0e9c edx: 0x9414368e
edi: 0xa00dae00 esi: 0xb00a1000 ebp: 0xb00a0f18 esp: 0xb00a0e9c
ss: 0x0000001f efl: 0x00000247 eip: 0x9414368e cs: 0x00000007
ds: 0x0000001f es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x0000001f gs: 0x00000037
cr2: 0xb00a0fec
Hello all,
I've read as many threads as I can about the problems I've been having with parallels, but the I can't fix them.
I installed parallels 3.0 build 4128.0 and Windows XP Pro on a brand new macbook pro (2.5ghz duo, OS X version 10.5.4, 4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, with 250 gig drive almost none is used, I have not configured BootCamp, I have not installed Parallels Tools) and it ran fine until I installed a Verizon Wireless Modem so I could be online in the car. The Mac side had no problems connecting, but the VM side gave me all kinds of problems. I had to by-pass the VWAccess (verizonwireless) controls and manually connect, not a big deal, I know, but this was the start of my problems. I finally connected online on the VM side but when I switched over to the Mac side Parallels crashed both the Mac and the VM machines. This was a repeated thing from this point on, every 10 minutes or so of using Parallels it would crash and I'd have to restart my whole computer. I was afraid to switch back and forth from the VM side to the Mac side and vice versa, which makes me wish I had just used bootcamp. Anyway, I couldn't a solution and the crashing was getting more frequent so I uninstalled parallels and reinstalled it, but I didn't follow the directions that were posted on this site (I hadn't joined this forum yet) so I didn't completely remove Parallels. Had major crashing problems, same as before but this time it gave me an "unexpected failure, should we revert to the previous settings?" My translation may be a little poor as the comp is set for german. but Parallels wouldn't open at all. So, I found the directions to unistall and did that, but when I got to the Terminal section were I was suppose to put in the text:
sudo rm -rf /Library/StartupItems/Parallels
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Parallels
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/vmmain.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/hypervisor.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Pvsvnic.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ConnectUSB.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Pvsnet.kext
It wouldn't let me put that in, it was just showing my name and asking for my password. When I would type my pass word it would only ask for it again. I couldn't copy and paste the text into the field. What gives? I skipped it cause I was frustrated and continued with the unistallation. Upon reinstallation it never prompted me for my serial # and I recieved the same Parallels unexpectedly quit, would you like to revert to the previous settings? and like before Parallels would not open at all.
It really shouldn't give me this many problems, I'd really like to get it figured out. So, one more question before I go, the reason I'm "trying" to use parallels is so I can use GrlevelX, the storm tracking software, but Parallels won't recognize the DirectX driver. Is that normal? Does Parallels not support the DirectX driver? Because I've never had a problem with it on any PC running XP.
I know this is long but please Help if you can!! thanks so much! I've posted the crash report below.
Process: Parallels [183]
Path: /Applications/Parallels/Parallels
Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Parallels
Identifier: com.parallels.desktop
Version: 3.0 (3.0 Build 4128.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [64]
Date/Time: 2008-08-04 23:30:02.040 -0600
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)
Report Version: 6
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 1
Thread 0:
0 com.parallels.desktop 0x0034c890 0x1000 + 3455120
1 com.parallels.desktop 0x0034c938 0x1000 + 3455288
2 com.parallels.desktop 0x0034cac5 0x1000 + 3455685
3 com.parallels.desktop 0x0012e9b3 0x1000 + 1235379
4 com.parallels.desktop 0x000419ec 0x1000 + 264684
5 com.parallels.desktop 0x00006792 0x1000 + 22418
6 com.parallels.desktop 0x000066b9 0x1000 + 22201
Thread 1 Crashed:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9414368e __semwait_signal + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9416e36d pthread_cond_wait$UNIX2003 + 73
2 libGLProgrammability.dylib 0x90994432 glvmDoWork + 162
3 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9416d6f5 _pthread_start + 321
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9416d5b2 thread_start + 34
Thread 1 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
eax: 0x00000004 ebx: 0x9416e38d ecx: 0xb00a0e9c edx: 0x9414368e
edi: 0xa00dae00 esi: 0xb00a1000 ebp: 0xb00a0f18 esp: 0xb00a0e9c
ss: 0x0000001f efl: 0x00000247 eip: 0x9414368e cs: 0x00000007
ds: 0x0000001f es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x0000001f gs: 0x00000037
cr2: 0xb00a0fec
Last edited: