I have a Hitachi 3TB drive formatted from a real Windows 7 machine to 3TB (post format around 2.72TB).
I have it in a USB2 hot dock.
The drive is SATA3, the hot dock is SATA2.
The hot dock works fine with the drive and a real Windows 7 machine.
When I plug the hot dock in to my iMac and insert the drive, nothing happens. OSX Disk Tools doesn't see it.
When I launch Parallels and activate the ATA/ATAPI bridge option under "devices", the hot dock spools up and the hard drive appears in my virtual Windows 7 install!
I have tried disabling the Third Party NTFS driver software I use in OSX to see if this would make a difference. It has not.
Any ideas?
I have it in a USB2 hot dock.
The drive is SATA3, the hot dock is SATA2.
The hot dock works fine with the drive and a real Windows 7 machine.
When I plug the hot dock in to my iMac and insert the drive, nothing happens. OSX Disk Tools doesn't see it.
When I launch Parallels and activate the ATA/ATAPI bridge option under "devices", the hot dock spools up and the hard drive appears in my virtual Windows 7 install!
I have tried disabling the Third Party NTFS driver software I use in OSX to see if this would make a difference. It has not.
Any ideas?