I'm using Parallels to emulate a not-so-common Linux distro, namely Backtrack. In Parallels, this is classified as 'other Linux', and is thus granded the widely known penguin icon. Now I'm trying to replace the icon with a custom one. I've searched through the Package contents of the .app file (perhaps I should've mentioned; I'm running Parallels 7 on MacOSX 10.6), but found zip.
Now when I open prl_client_app in Hex Fiend, I do find something interesting. It seems that a folder called /pixmaps/OsIcons contains the icons associated with the OS's. Bummer; I can't seem to find the folder. Does anyone know where this folder is? Or was it only existant during the compilation of the Parallels binaries and is the icon embedded in the prl_client_app file? Any general pointers?
For reference purposes; I'm talking about the icon in the virtual machine list, as displayed below.
Now when I open prl_client_app in Hex Fiend, I do find something interesting. It seems that a folder called /pixmaps/OsIcons contains the icons associated with the OS's. Bummer; I can't seem to find the folder. Does anyone know where this folder is? Or was it only existant during the compilation of the Parallels binaries and is the icon embedded in the prl_client_app file? Any general pointers?
For reference purposes; I'm talking about the icon in the virtual machine list, as displayed below.