Parallels Desktop 13 and Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by chicagoseal, Sep 13, 2017.

1. chicagoseal

chicagoseal Bit Poster

I have a Bootcamp Partition with Windows 10 installed. Parallels Tools Installation Agent will get to about 50% progress, and then I get a RunDLL error message which reads "There was a problem starting C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Parallels\Parallels Tools\ShellExtensions\SharedHostAppsShExt.dll is not a Valid Win32 application." I get a message to restart Windows and try again as well as to a link for solutions and a Reboot button. If I hit reboot, I'm just stuck in the same cycle.

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Parallels Support

3. vitalb

vitalb Parallels Developers

Hi, chicagoseal, could you please open your Bootcamp VM and make Report a problem as described here http://kb.parallels.com/eu/9058 ? If so send me Report ID here in post or in private message, please.

Could you please additionally check that mentioned SharedHostAppsShExt.dll file was not damaged? For this, start installation of Parallels Tools and wait for error message. Then, please, find the file in Windows Explorer, right click on the file and open 'Digital signature' Tab in Property window. Select Parallels signature and click Details. You should see string 'This digital signature is OK' at the bottom of General tab. Send me screenshot of these windows, too.
    Best regards,
    Vitaly