Parallels Desktop 17: Can not install Centos7

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Ryan Hei, May 22, 2022.

1. Ryan Hei

Ryan Hei Bit poster

I use iso document which is CentOS-7-aarch64-08191738
    but when I install Centos7 ,it report this error
    upload_2022-5-22_18-4-10.jpg

2. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Kindly help us with the technical report ID of Virtual Machine by referring to this KB article, so that we can instigate the issue.

3. guag

guag Bit poster

I had the same problem. Did anyone solve it?

4. guag

guag Bit poster

I had the same problem. Did anyone solve it? You can't continue at this point upload_2023-7-1_12-54-11.png

5. Maxim Rasulov

Maxim Rasulov Staff Member

Hello.

From the screenshot, it appears you're trying to install CentOS 7 Arm on Apple Silicon powered Mac.

Unfortunately, for CentOS 7 that is not possible, due to the difference in pagesizes for the kernel used by CentOS 7 (64kb) and Apple Silicon (4 or 16kb).

Partially its caused by the fact that CentOS 7 was released prior to release of Apple Silicon Mac's and kernels were not adapted in publicly available builds.

If you wish to use CentOS, we recommend installing a newer distributive, such as CentOS 9 which adopted the pagesize, as versions 8 of the operating system also have the same issue.

For more in depth information, you can refer to the following discussion on CentOS forums: https://forums.centos.org/viewtopic.php?t=78547