Parallels Desktop 17: Ubuntu 22.04 VM: UI gets messed up in Chrome browser

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by HongL1, May 17, 2022.

1. HongL1

HongL1 Bit poster

This only happens on the latest Ubuntu 22.04 VM and not on my old v20.04 one, that the UI gets messed --- please see attached, and it happens when I move the mouse over some of the elements like the buttons or drop-down box etc. This is with the latest Chrome browser Version 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    It does not repro on the same version of Chrome browser on my Ubuntu v20.04 VM, and does not repro with the FireFox browser. Could it be a video driver support issue that Parallels Desktop needs to address for the latest Ubuntu desktop OS? Thank you.

Attached Files:

SergeyP9 likes this.
  2. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Kindly help us with the technical report ID of Virtual Machine by referring to this KB article so that we can instigate the issue.

3. HongL1

HongL1 Bit poster

Please refer to report ID 398032237

4. SergeyP9

SergeyP9 Bit poster

I have the same problem

5. leoghann

leoghann Bit poster

I had the same issue running Chrome under Fedora 36. Turning off hardware acceleration (Settings/System/Use hardware acceleration when available) made the problem go away. It also seemed to greatly reduce the number of crashes I was seeing when running Chrome.

6. BrianC23

BrianC23 Junior Member

I have the same problem on several Linux installations... Fedora 37, Ubuntu 2022, openSUSE 15.4. Really annoying when I am trying to make a presentation and the graphics appear glitchy.

7. BrianC23

BrianC23 Junior Member

Adding screenshots displaying graphic artifacts which go away with pretty much any mouse action, but display randomly in all Linux applications.

Attached Files:

8. Aaron_O

Aaron_O Bit poster

Over a year later and the 3D acceleration bug is still there drawing blue triangles everywhere.