Parallels Desktop 3.0 Build 5638: VM Stopped and fails to start

Richard G

Bit poster
I'm running Parallels Desktop on Mac OS X, 10.4.11 and experienced a problem where the VM would not start. While it's going through its paces, I get a black screen followed by the windows start up screen and then a blue screen (only a split second though) and It has an error code stating: "Stop c000135 unable to locate component. The application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"
That's the best I could get after trying to read it 100 times.
I went to Parallels support and installed build 5638. Still not working. Parallels support has been pretty jammed up all day and I need to get this resolved. I have the XP disk and key, but fear losing any data on my virtual machine. Can anyone provide assistance? I'm a rookie when it comes to the Mac and Parallels technology and would greatly appreciate any assistance that can be offered.
 
Anyone out there??

I have a ticket # for paid support with Parallels and they have not ben able to resolve this issue. I'm still stuck after first reporting this problem to support a week ago...Any ideas? I'm all ears. Thanks- Rich
 
I have experienced the same problem today. How can I fix the Windows XP again?
@Richard G: have you resolved this problem in the mean time?

HELP!
Thank you.
Regards
Sandra
 
Back
Top