Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac Build 12094 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dmitriy, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Bit poster

Dear Users,

Parallels Desktop (build 6.0.12094) improves compatibility with Mac OS X v10.7 Lion and includes fixes and improvements that:

- Resolve issues with shared Windows applications when running virtual machines in Crystal mode on Mac OS X Lion.
    - Improve compatibility with Launchpad introduced in Mac OS X Lion.
    - Resolve other compatibility issues revealed while testing Parallels Desktop on Mac OSX Lion.

This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

http://kb.parallels.com/en/111612

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. sniper29a

sniper29a Bit poster

does this build fix the "win 7 activation" issue?

3. kaffouneh

kaffouneh Bit poster

this build is far away from compatibility with mac Lion :

1-when i start any virtual machine i don't see its window until i right click on Parallels desktop icon & choose option & Assign to this desktop , it doesn't work all the time by the way.
    2- Configure option for any VM is not shown .
    3-Windows 7 is not working at all, it starts to trying to boot from SATA drive 1 & shuts down, i sent a support request about it.

4. aussiebuckaroo

aussiebuckaroo Bit poster

Issues with downloading PD 6 update for Lion

Pls do help me.

I've just bought PD6 and Windows 7, and now after upgrading to OSX Lion, I can't use my PD 6 anymore = (

Having searched through PTN, I went to update the PD 6 to the latest version. However, when it was 95% downloaded, I kept getting the message:

Unable to connect to the Parallels Update site. Please check your Internet connection and try again.

What should I be doing? Cant do my work for the time being. Advise needed!!!

Cheers

5. Lucas Cas

Lucas Cas Bit poster

Lion and Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac Build 12094

I updated my MacBook Pro to Lion and then I updated my Parallels desktop to build 12094. When I start the virtual machine, I can't see the Windows screen. It's only visible while switching through "Spaces". I later found that I could see Windows apps by setting the virtual machine view to Coherence. Do you have this issue documented? How can we solve this? Cheers.

6. SPF

SPF Bit poster

I have been having the same problem for the past few days. What is wrong?

7. Lucas Cas

Lucas Cas Bit poster

Lion and Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac Build 12094

Hi again,

Well after a few days Parallels is back working normally. I haven't found any documentation, but apparently Lion starts indexing things and the computer becomes so slow in the begining. By the third day using it, my computer is back to normal and also is Parallels.

If your Lion is still making Parallels act weird, switch to Coherence view. That one was working for me. Also new Virtual machines, generated after the Lion upgrade, were working fine.

I may also comment that I compressed my virtual machine, not sure if that helped, but the day after the compression finishes, it was working fine again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

8. SPF

SPF Bit poster

I have been getting this error for the past few days:

"Unable to connect to the Parallels Update site. Please check your Internet connection and try again."

Is there something wrong with the site or is it something else?

This looks like the same problem reported by aussiebuckaroo

9. xz4gb8

xz4gb8 Member

Happy PD7B User

I installed PD6fM Build 12094 on OS X 10.6.8 as soon as it was available. After upgrading to Lion, it just kept on working. I have VMs for Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro, and Mac OS X Server v10.6. I can't figure out how to install Lion Server since it requires installing Lion Client and then upgrading that to Server. Parallels won't allow that sequence.

10. MatthiasBr

MatthiasBr Bit poster

I can't find "Build 12094" any more. Where is it gone?