Parallels Desktop 8 not running on OS Mavericks

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JumJum, Oct 24, 2013.

1. FerranG

FerranG Bit poster

I updated from Snow Leopard to Mavericks yesterday. My Parallels Desktop 8.0.18608 (Revisión 898384; Wed, 17 Jul 2013), es_ES languaje, will not even start. When I try, it shows an error with Problem ID 15431 and a link to a KnowledgeBase article ( http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/supportinfo/pdfm8_es_ES_15431 ), but the page simply doesn't exists.

Could someone please tell me how to solve this? Thanks.

Saluditos,

Ferrán.

2. FerranG

FerranG Bit poster

Any advice, anyone?

Saluditos,

Ferrán.

3. TVuser

TVuser Bit poster

I had a problem with Parallels 8 crashing on Mavericks with Windows 7 VM. I ended up upgrading to Parallels 9.

Here is my story:

1. When I initially upgraded to Mavericks, I launched Parallels and it crashed.
    2. Researched and updated to latest version, rebooted, chkdsk, etc. The same issue persisted.
    3. I then tried recreating the VM and it worked for a few days, then the VM stopped working again after it went into a suspended state and I tried opening it again.
    4. Tried reinstalling Parallels 8, rebooting, chkdsk, etc. The same issue persisted.
    5. At this point, my blood pressure started rising and my face was turning red. I walked away for a while and cooled off.
    6. I considered my options:
    Go with vmware fusion
    Upgrade to Parallels 9
    7. I didn't want to go through the hassle of setting up my vm from scratch yet again, so I took a chance on Parallels 9.

So far, things are working ok...but this was such a major pain in the neck. If it happens again, I'm demanding a refund and going with vmware fusion.

4. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

5. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

@TVuser - sorry to hear about that.
    The issue with suspended VM is not related to a particular version of Parallels Desktop, it can be fixed with http://kb.parallels.com/5033

Parallels Desktop 9 has a better integration with Mavericks, there shouldn't be any problem with your VM now.
    Please use the KB article above if your VM hangs in "suspended" state again.

6. Yahondu

Yahondu Bit poster

After upgrading to OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks), I started having problems in the communication between my Mac partition and my Virtual Machine, problems i did not have before the upgrade. I checked online and I was already running the most recent version of Parallels 8 (8.0.18615). I could access Parallels, but my Mac Finder could not view or access anything inside Windows, where my work files are kept. Mail for Mac could not save or attach to or from Windows folders. I could not copy and paste anything from the Mac side to the Windows side. Very frustrating. Was about to upgrade to Parallels 9, but then I saw the tab "Reinstall Parallel Tools". Its located under Parallels > Virtual Machine. I figured, what the heck, and clicked on that and let it do its thing. Now all of those pesky problems are solved and I did not have to purchase Parallels 9. An easy fix for a pesky problem. Hope this helps someone that has had similar issues.