I am trying to migrate windows from my PC to a MacBook Pro. I am using the Parallels USB cable to connect the two machines. I follow all of the steps in the Parallels Wizard and the data transfer begins. Parallels tells me the transfer should take about 2 hours and 20 minutes. The gauge on the Mac screen shows progress and the remaining time counts down normally. When the remaining time hits the point of 2 minutes remaining, it seems to hang there for a few minutes. Then the PC goes BSOD on me and the Mac shows that the SUB connection has been lost. This has happened to my 3 times now.
The first attempt I just hooked up both machines and attempted the transfer as is.
The second attempt - I disabled Virus protection and the firewall on the machines.
The third attempt - I tried using Windows Safe Mode on the PC, thinking maybe there was a third-party driver conflict.
All three attempts gave me the result described above.
My PC: Lenovo Thinkpad X201
8GB Ram
230GB SSD, 30GB Free Space
Windows 7
My Mac: 15" MacBook Pro with retina display
16GB Ram
OS X 10.8.2
Has anyone else encountered this? Anyone got a solution? Any ideas about what may be on the PC that is causing the issue?
Thanks in advance.
The first attempt I just hooked up both machines and attempted the transfer as is.
The second attempt - I disabled Virus protection and the firewall on the machines.
The third attempt - I tried using Windows Safe Mode on the PC, thinking maybe there was a third-party driver conflict.
All three attempts gave me the result described above.
My PC: Lenovo Thinkpad X201
8GB Ram
230GB SSD, 30GB Free Space
Windows 7
My Mac: 15" MacBook Pro with retina display
16GB Ram
OS X 10.8.2
Has anyone else encountered this? Anyone got a solution? Any ideas about what may be on the PC that is causing the issue?
Thanks in advance.