Parallels Desktop for Mac 18

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GTan, Jul 21, 2022.

1. GTan

GTan Bit poster

I'm currently on a Parallels Desktop 17 trial to decide if I should upgrade to the Standard once-off license or the Pro subscription license. I know that Parallels have a track record of releasing a major new version early-August each year.
    If I were to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 17 Standard this week and version 18 is released in 2-3 weeks, is there a free upgrade path?

2. Jeremy11

Jeremy11 Bit poster

I'm in the same situation, I noticed that every year a new version comes out in August. I noticed that it is possible to have a free upgrade to PD18 from PD17 if the license is registered between the beginning of August and the end of September.

The problem is that the conditions are very vague.
    I asked PD customer service by email and messenger if Amazon (seller and sender) was an authorized reseller and I got two different answers after 3 days...
    One answered yes, so I placed an order at Amazon then the other answered no...
    I'm still waiting for confirmation before using the license or sending it back to Amazon.

I hope customer service can finally respond because at the moment they seem slow and misinformed about their own policies...

3. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @Jeremy11, It looks like you have already provided with the Parallels version 18 key under your Parallels Account?. Please refer to this link to know about the Parallels Desktop for Mac Tech Guarantee 2022. Thanks.