Parallels Desktop for Mac 3.0 Performance (New)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LinkRS, Jun 18, 2007.

1. LinkRS

LinkRS Member

Well, after the responses I recieived in my original thread (which has not been archived?), I decided to give Parallels Desktop for Mac a whirl. And the first thing that pops to mind is "WOW". I have been (and still am) using Parallels Workstation on my Vista PC, and there is a night and day difference between the Mac and Windows versions of Parallels. Windows XP installed on my Mac in around 30 minutes (took over an hour on Parallels Workstation, and my PC has more RAM and a faster CPU than my Mac). Performance was very good, and with Office 2003 installed, I was very impressed. However, I decided to just bite the bullet and by a Mac version of Office, as although performance is nice in Parallels, it would be a chore to have to launch the VM everytime I needed to access Office.

Has anyone else used both the Windows and Mac versions of Parallels? I am completely shocked at the quality difference. It seems that the Windows version is an un-wanted stepchild, as it pales in comparison to the Mac version. I am impressed! Thanks.