Parallels Desktop For Mac 4560 Illegal seek

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by scotte, Aug 1, 2007.

1. scotte

scotte Bit poster

I downloaded the dmg for 4560 on a MacPro running OS 10.4.10. A mount attempt leads to "Warning - the following disk images failed to mount - Parallels Desktop 4560 - Illegal seek."

I emailed info@parallels.com asking for an alternative place to download it from or to have them email it to me.

Anyone else experience this?

I did secure a copy of Desktop 3214 which installed fine, but an attempt at starting a Windows Vista install yields "Parallels Desktop failed to initalize Virtual Machine memory subsystem...."

It keeps giving me that.

So I'm stuck at the moment...

Thanks for any help.

Scott

2. fbronner

fbronner Pro

You might want to run "Disk Utility" on your Mac. You might have a damaged HD. Next thing to check is your download of the DMG file, if it matches the file size.

4560 should be 87 189 466 bytes. If it is not that value, you are having issues during the download.

3. Stan O

Stan O Parallels Team

Hi,
    Try downloading the 4560 again. Looks like it wasn't completely downloaded the last time.

4. scotte

scotte Bit poster

I did learn that my web downloads were cutting off. I performed a wget of the URL and that downloaded and installed fine.

So, after the upgrade, I'm still getting the Virtual Memory error during my Vista install attempts. I'll try to trash the old version and reinstall the latest and see if I still get the same VM error.

Scott

5. Stan O

Stan O Parallels Team

Did you try checking the 'Enable virtual memory preallocation' checkbox in Parallels Desktop Preferences?