Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3036 Beta is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erich

Erich Member

It certainly is a big deal if you have to do this every time you change from booting via Parallels to booting via Boot Camp, as I and many others have reported. This is a show-stopping bug.

2. don montalvo

don montalvo Hunter

i had to install parallels tools while booted into bootcamp...then i had to reinstall parallels tools while running parallels. now coherence works, keyboard/mouse work...issues i had seem to be resolved.

don

3. don montalvo

don montalvo Hunter

sorry, i didn't know it happen every time you boot back and forth. that would be a show stopper for sure. i can't verify - after reading this, i'm not going to risk it. :) justing using bootcamp partition is enough for me for now.

don

4. mungler

mungler Bit poster

Mouse and keyboard unresponsive :(

ok, im having a bit of a problem, wonder if anyone can help...

so i got Parallels to boot my Boot Camp install (on my MBP CD 1.83, 128Mb VRAM model, running 10.4.8 with all updates, Parallels 3036, Boot Camp was installed cleanly to a FAT32 partition the other day, I just converted it to NTFS so I could boot in Parallels), but it hasnt picked up my keyboard or trackpad - the OS is running, and throws up a bunch of Found New Hardware type things, then a wizard for Floppy Drive (!??!), but i cant move the mouse, and the usual keyboard shortcuts do nothing, suggesting the keyboard also isnt detected.

i tried plugging in an external usb keyboard, but i cant ever get parallels to get access to it... i always just get the dreaded 'wait 5-10 sec and try again' message.

I removed the entry for the floppy drive, but now it gets as far as saying the Found New Hardware wizard completed on some Intel bridge somethingorother. anyway, the keyboard and mouse never seem to work, although I did once see 'Microsoft PS/2 mouse' pop up in the notification area.

so i CAN boot the bootcamp install, but i cant DO anyhting with it! help!

EDIT: Safe mode didnt help, neither did trying to install the Parallels Tools.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  5. Peymon

Peymon Bit poster

Thanks Parallels , all is well with the new beta install on my Duo2 macbook pro.
    usb was the only think that was bugging me and that is fixed .

Does vista works on this belt if I install it?
    Thanks

6. BEIGE

BEIGE Member

so anyone know of a fix for MacDrive? ugh - it's broken on my machine.

7. mungler

mungler Bit poster

question for our resident curmudgeon...

you mentioned 'dealing with nonresponsive keyboard' - care to share some details? see my post above for my problem...

(thanks in advance :) )

8. jonahan

jonahan Bit poster

Vista and new beta

I just installed the new beta and before Vista worked .. now it only boots in safe mode with networking disabled it blows up here...

[​IMG]

9. mungler

mungler Bit poster

another post-script:

of note, the Actions -> Send Keys -> Ctrl-alt-del doesnt seem to work either. My VM clealy has 'issues' with the keyboard...

10. fyngyrz

fyngyrz Bit poster

New features, very nice. how about old shortcomings?

In the release version, in the Win98 machine, there is no drawer to pass files back and forth. You have to open a host network connection so the Mac can see the Win98 filesystem. This is clumsy and does not work very well, either -- the network connection keeps collapsing for no obvious reason.

Win98 has a number of advantages, not the least of which are it is smaller, lighter, faster, and is not encumbered with Microsoft's DRM. A lot of my customers (I make PC software) use Win98. Consequently I would really like to see the Win98 virtualization brought up to snuff. So -- anything along those lines in the new beta?

11. Nataku

Nataku Bit poster

I am having a problem with this new release. I installed the beta and deleted my current VM, then tried to make a new one using boot camp. You get all the way to the end of the setup and try to click finish, but the "finish" button doesn't do anything. So now I'm stuck with no VM, it wont let me make one. the button wont push. Please help.

12. mungler

mungler Bit poster

PPS The solution to the endless re-activation cycle is to obtain an MSDN or Corporate copy of WinXP and use that - the corporate customers baulked at activation so MS had no choice but to rip it out for them. If you have a legit license for XP, i dont think you should feel bad for using Corporate Edition. Oh and BTW contrary to an earlier posting, you CAN use a normal XP Pro key on a copy of XP Pro Corporate Edition. Perhaps not 100% legally (I dont know and really dont care) but it does work.

And PPPS anyone using Win98 in this day and age really needs their head examined. An OS with *NO* memory protection whatsoever? Whoo!! Where do I sign?

Ahem.

13. Nataku

Nataku Bit poster

I can't install the older version either, tells me there is nothing to install

14. scrytch

scrytch Junior Member

This is not a resolution at all. It is illegal and against the license I have purchased. The real resolution is the Parallels team need to resolve this ASAP as this is a major show stopper for me.

What would be great is if someone from Parallels actually responded to someone (anyone) in this forum that has posted this issue - to let us know they are aware and working on a fix (timeframes would be great!).

Regards,
    Shane.

15. Delphyne

Delphyne Member

At the moment, this isn't a fix. Parallels tools for boot camp will not install on XP Corp SP2 with a VLK. I'm sure a fix for this wil be forthcoming though.

16. mikebell

mikebell Bit poster

How do I get Aero working? Does Aero work with Parallels driver? I installed Vista Ultimatte version...

17. sickbar

sickbar Junior Member

upgrading to this version

So, i'm not using this beta but from what I read here - this is what we all been waiting for.
    My question is, and please forgive me if it was asked (if so I missed it), will this update be free or am I reading the this wrong?

If so - WAAAAAY to go guys, this is an amazing upgrade.

Thanks
    Ziv

18. Delphyne

Delphyne Member

Aero requires Direct 3d, which is not available yet with the parallels video drive. Word has it that Direct 3d support will be complete around v.3.0 of parallels.

19. Godrifle

Godrifle Member

I disagree. I much prefer build numbers.

20. billpetro

billpetro Bit poster

Tim,

I have installed Parallels Build 1970 and have NOT installed Boot Camp.

Can I now install Boot Camp to use the new beta features, or must I blow away Parallels first.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.