Parallels Desktop for Mac computers with Apple M2 chips

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by Mikhail Ushakov, Jun 8, 2022.

1. MarioT5

MarioT5 Bit Poster

Hello Everybody!
    I am currently running parallels on a m1 16gb macbook air and as I am using a lot of huge and calculation-heavy Excel spreadsheets in Windows 11 I am thinking about buying the new M2 with 24gb RAM.
    Does anybody here has experience if the performance will improve noticeable when using M2/24gb instead of M1/16gb?
    As I am using the recommended settings (= 6gb RAM for parallels) I am also wondering how much RAM is parallels recommending for the 24gb RAM M2 machine?
    (before using the recommended 6gb I used 8gb and I had strongly felt that the 6gb run much smoothier than the 8gb - any thoughts on this?)
    Every comment is highly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Mario

2. AliH7

AliH7

Hello, I hope you are doing well. I have a MacBook M1 8gb of Ram. I download the free trial to see whether it is worth it and it definitely is expect for one issue. I need Autodesk inventor for schooL. I downloaded Inventor but it runs delayed or choppy once the design gets more complicated. I assumed that it might be cause of the ram. I was wondering whether that if I bought the pro version, would that helps with the issue. I heard I can configure the pro version for CAD software which is nice. If so, is there a student discount for the pro version and just incase it doesn't help can I have a refund just in case.

3. Kaden1

Kaden1

Hi, I am running parallels 18 on a brand new MacBook Air 2022 M2 and I was able to download Minecraft on my M1 MacBook Air (2022) but am unable to download it on my M2. I get the error "this product is not compatible with your pc's processor" just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix that. So far its literally my ONLY problem with parallels 18.