Parallels Desktop for Mac internal build 1966 is ready for download

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Oct 27, 2006.

1. serv

serv Forum Maven

tangential,

some other device has already taken en3 on your Mac. See /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist for details.

2. luz

luz Member

Serv, thanks a lot for your prompt and precise answers to my networking questions! I really appreciate your support. Thanks to your answer I now am confident that I can move to 1966 with my VM setup and enjoy the automatic internet connection switching :)

Yup, got it :)

3. luz

luz Member

And it works, flawlessly (shared networking with fixed IP setup). Great! Thanks a lot! :D

4. Silaxe

Silaxe Bit poster

VPN issue with 1966 in Shared Networking mode

Serv,
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

The problem is that I have a 3G express card to access my corporate network on the go and the VPN will not work in bridged mode.

Any other possibility you might see?

Thanks - Silaxe

5. veggiedude

veggiedude Hunter

I deleted the Host adapter, and then I lost my net connection. This is with todays build 1970.

The only way to fix this was the reinstall version 1970, which restored the Host adapter.

I am not using the Host adapter, I am using the new NAT method, but apparently you still need the Host adapter.

6. Adam Khan

Adam Khan Bit poster

First Posting: How to share Parallels NAT with parent OS?SX

Hello,

How do I let my parent OS X access the internet connection from within Windows in Parallels? I use a MacBook with a Nokia 6630 as my connection, but OS X only allows a Bluetooth connection to that phone, which is slow and unstable. Windows can connect to this phone with a USB cable and Nokia's PC Suite makes the connection easy to set up, but now I'm stuck inside Windows, as I can't figure out how to share the connection with the parent OS X. I have Parallels NAT set in the OSX Sharing preferences.

Thanks,

Adam

7. blubel

blubel Bit poster

Using Shared Networking Mode with VPN

Serv,

I am using Shared networking mode (Parallels NAT) with success for network & internet access for the guest VM. However, I cannot establish a VPN connection from the Guest OS (WIn XP), and this does work when I am configured via Bridged or host Only networking.

I am deducing that Parallels NAT is not allowing IPSec pass-thru (I've seen other posts with similar VPN problems using shared networking). Is there a way to configure the Parallels NAT settings to allow VPN/IPSec connections?