Parallels Desktop for Mac Shortcut [Security Question]

mark24

Bit poster
I am planning to allow 2 friends of mine to access my Windows 7 Virtual Machine which is running on top of my Mac OS thanks to Parallels Desktop software. I plan to give these 2 friends access to the Windows 7 Virtual Machine by allowing them to log into it using Teamviewer which allows for a VNC connection to the GUI.

The issue I have is that I do not want the said friends to be able to exit the Windows 7 VM and gain access to any aspect of my Mac OS environment. In order to stop this from happening I have isolated the Windows VM from the Mac OS on the Parallels Desktop Options menu and have stopped the Windows 7 VM from being able to access any peripherals connected to the Mac. However I am aware that the Parallels Desktop software allows for quick exiting of the VM window using the Ctrl + Alt keys when the VM is being used. Would a remotely connected friend be able to use the Ctrl + Alt shortcut over TeamViewer to achieve the same result or would the friend have to be sat physically in front of the iMac as I am to get this functionality?

Thanks.
 
> Would a remotely connected friend be able to use the Ctrl + Alt shortcut over TeamViewer to achieve the same result
No.
> would the friend have to be sat physically in front of the iMac as I am to get this functionality?
Yes. Or have to use some kind of access to your macOS.
 
Back
Top