Parallels desktop "prl_disp_services" process and internet sharing cooking my mac

Bill17

Bit poster
Hello I have a new 16" mbp, 8 core. I have installed windows in bootcamp, and deleted the VM that was installed from Time machine backup.
I have added the Bootcamp to parallels, and everything works, but when parallels is opened "prl_disp_services" process runs at 103%, "interenet sharing" process runs at 65% and "configd" process runs at 45% the temperature and power consumption of the CPU jump up close to maximum.

If I shut down Parallels desktop, these processes continue running, and I have to force quit them in activity monitor.

I have reinstalled parallels and parallels toolbox, the only thing I can think of is that the VM that was installed when I installed OSX from a time machine backup is causing a problem.

Any ideas..?
 
Hello I have a new 16" mbp, 8 core. I have installed windows in bootcamp, and deleted the VM that was installed from Time machine backup.
I have added the Bootcamp to parallels, and everything works, but when parallels is opened "prl_disp_services" process runs at 103%, "interenet sharing" process runs at 65% and "configd" process runs at 45% the temperature and power consumption of the CPU jump up close to maximum.

If I shut down Parallels desktop, these processes continue running, and I have to force quit them in activity monitor.

I have reinstalled parallels and parallels toolbox, the only thing I can think of is that the VM that was installed when I installed OSX from a time machine backup is causing a problem.

Any ideas..?
Hi, could you also provide us with your Parallels Desktop and macOS version?
 
The OS is Catalina, the it's Parallels 15.
Due to being cooped up indoors, and because I've only had the laptop for a week I opted to erase the HD and start again, this time without using Time machine as a starting point. Parallels is now running without the CPU issue. I can only assume it was a problem caused by the old VM, which I couldn't find to erase...
Thanks fpr the response though
 
Back
Top