Parallels Desktop problem (MAC Leopard 10.5.3, Win XP)

nayefo

Bit poster
I tried to open up my windows using Parallels Desktop and it opened up well and all but then a message came on the DOS saying:
"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check both path and disk hardware.
Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional info"
How can I solve that?
 
I presume you have set up Boot Camp with Windows and now you're trying to run that as a virtual machine under Parallels?

If that's the case consult the manual in the appropriate section "Creating a Virtual Machine for Boot Camp" (page 274).
 
The application Parallels Desktop quit unexpectedly

I am getting this error over and over,
The application Parallels Desktop quit unexpectedly.
Parallels did work once after some effort, then when I tried to reopen it later to make sure and now it keeps crashing like this.

iMac 2.8 Intel Core Duo
4GB 800 MHz Ram
320G HD
256 graphics
10.5.3
Windows XP Box
Parallels 3.0 Box

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it severals times and updated it and now it wont get past this error. Ive gone into disk utility and reset, and tried reinstalling with or without the partition, ive been all over this site trying to find the answer and what seems to have worked for others just is not working, not sure what else you need to know, please let me know.

Nick
 
Please create ticket in support queue, and provide following information


* Parallels Desktop version and build: Parallels Desktop- -> About Parallels Desktop
* an XML file with a copy of system profile: Applications --> Utilities --> System Profiler --> File --> Savea
* Guest OS full version with SP included (if they are);
* a copy of /home/<username>/Documents/Parallels/<VM name>/<GuestVM>.pvs
* Archive of /Library/Parallels/bugreports/ (right click on folder --> Create Archive)
or ~/Library/Parallels/bugreports/

* /Library/Logs/panic.log
or ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Parallels.crash.log from the Mac side;
 
Back
Top