Parallels Desktop for Mac Release Candidate 2, the final test version of the product before we go "live", is ready for download! Get RC2 Now!
You'll notice several changes in RC2, including:
- Significantly improved performance
- Improved USB performance and broader device support
- Improved Host-guest networking
- Automatic network adapters now switch on-the-fly
- Guest OS no longer steals host IP address in some DHCP servers
- Full-screen mode is now customizable
- Integration with Virtue is now bug-free
- Customizable Ctrl + Click mapping
- Guest 32-bit color is supported when Parallels Tools is installed
- Improved Shared folders performance
- Resolved shared folders/MS Office incompatibility issues
- Windows 98 no longer consumes 99% host CPU even when idle (in VT-x mode)
There is another important change in RC2 that I'd like to discuss in more detail. Many users have told us how much they rely on Parallels Compressor, our disk management tool that can compress the size of a Windows virtual machine (VM) by 50% or more, to conserve hard drive space, get VMs to a "burnable" size, and increase VM speed. They have also commented, however, that since Desktop is a Mac product - and Mac products are above all else, easy â€“ that it would be simpler than going through two complete downloads, installs and setups if we could integrate both products, so they got everything they needed in one shot.
We listened. Parallels Desktop RC2 includes Parallels Compressor Server
technology (which is compatible with any version of Windows 2000, 2003 or XP)! From within a VM, users can just click "run compressor" under the "VM" tab in the menu bar and without shutting down, decrease their virtual hard disk size by 50% or more. Quick, easy, simple....exactly the way a Mac product should be.
When the final product is available, the all inclusive version of Parallels Desktop will cost only $79.99, a savings of $150 versus buying Parallels Destkop for $49.99 and Parallels Compressor Server for $179.99!
A few important notes on pricing:
Get Parallels Desktop RC2 now!
Pre-Order Parallels Destkop for $39.99!
- The $39.99 pre-order price is still in effect, and will be until the close of the beta program.
- Customers who already pre-ordered will receive the new, upgraded version including Compressor at NO ADDITIONAL COST.
- As a special extended offer, we'll be offering the new, all inclusive version for $49.99 for 30 days following the general release.
Click to expand...