Parallels don't want to run anymore ...

Chouchoute83

Bit poster
Hi.
I've got a problem here.Maybe someone can help.
After my recent bought of my Imac 2,4ghz with 4Go ram,I installed Parallels Desktop 3,0.
All was ok.Xp Pro 32 bits installed,no problem.I put Photoshop and some plugins.Ok.
And then,I installed an Autofx software.I don't know if the problem is because of this software,but as soons as the installation complete,Parallels shutted off.
Since then,no way to open Parallels again.
It tells me in French (I am) L'application Parallels Desktop a quitté inopinément.Relancer ou ignorer.
Means as you can imagine:Desktop aborted.Reboot or ignore.
And no way to do anything with Parallels now.

Do I have to reinstall Parallels and Xp,and all??
Or is there a way to access to parallels in an other way?

Thanks if you can help.If not,anyway,thank you for reading.
 
Last edited:
Hello Chouchoute83,

The issue might be related to VM RAM.
What build are you using?
Can you remember how much memory has been allocated to Parallels and to the VM you used?
Try to reinstall Parallels using .dmg utility. Your virtual hard disk will not be affected so you will not have to reinstall Windows and all the applications if you manage to get it running again.

Best regards,
Xenos
 
Hello Xenos.
Thanks for your attention.
Yes,I think this may be the problem.I saw that only 512Mo were allocated to my parallels desktop!I didn't know how to allocate more to this application.I only followed what was preconised.
So,thanks to your advice,I'm gonna do it again with more Ram,and will tell you more as soon as done.

Regards.
 
Back
Top