Parallels, following a fresh re-install of OS X

DrLivingstone

Junior Member
I am planning to re-install OS X (10.7.4), to resolve some nagging problems with my Mac. Part of the process will be reinstalling apps I use and their corresponding data.

What is the proper course of action regarding Parallels? I have the most recent disk image from June 6 2012 (ParallelsDesktop-7.0.15095.768120.dmg), and I have my Windows PVM file as well. Do I need to re-install Windows again after installing Parallels? Or can I simply configure Parallels to use the PVM?

What issues should I be aware of when I venture down this path?
 
Just copy over the .pvm, reinstall Parallels, and create a VM pointing to the .pvm. No Windows reinstall necessary.

Steve
 
license?

One more question ... will my .PVM file include my Parallels licence? Or will I need to re-apply that following the reinstall of Parallels 7?
 
The license is with the app, not the .pvm. You'll have to enter the code when you reinstall.

Steve
 
Thanks for the answer. I logged in to my Parallels account and found my license code for v7, which I'll use when I reinstall Parallels.
 
Back
Top