Parallels Forum and Firefox on XP

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Bernhard.parallels, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Bernhard.parallels

Bernhard.parallels Member

I am wondering why Firefox does not offer me automatic log-in when clicking on the Parallels forum start page (http://forum.parallels.com/).

I know that Firefox does it a correctly with any other log-in page I use on my private computer (log-in name and password are already filled in) when the particular page is loaded.

The same does not work with the Paralles forum. I have to manually type it in.

Why? Can this be fixed?

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

it does for me
    Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Mac OS

I mostly get here from an email notification

Hugh W

3. Bernhard.parallels

Hi Hugh,

thanks for your note. Interesting to know.

However, I am using Firefox on XP and with it Parallels mainly in Full Screen mode. And here the problem persists as described above. If I click on the site, the automatic log-in does not work. I have to manually type it in.

Currently, I just do not log-out after a session and thus I circumvent the non-working auto-log-in.

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

Bernhard.parallels, are you sure you only get the problem with www.parallels.com and forum.parallels.com? Please check Cookies settings in Firefox Tools -> Options -> Privacy.

Best regards,
    Xenos

5. Bernhard.parallels

Hi Xenos,

I have been getting this problem only with the Parallels Forums. Cookies are allowed.

I also just checked with two major email providers. If I click their site, auto-log in works (my username and password are filled in)

With Parallels my username is not there when I click on the site. I have to delete "Log in" and fill in my username. After I put in my username, my password is filled in automatically. But this is not how it is supposed to work.

6. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Bernhard.parallels,

I know when you enter gmail.com, for example, your login and password are already filled in (if the option "remember me on this computer" is enabled).

This option is not provided on our forum.

However you can enter your user profile directly every time you open http://forum.parallels.com/. That's what I always do. You can check my Firefox settings in the attached file.

Best regards,
    Xenos

Attached Files: