I could not find any answers in the forum for this exact problem.
I was running the option to "Merge Snapshots" when part way through, an error was encountered:
An error occurred while performing the operation. The
changes made to your virtual machine will be rolled back.
Rolling back the changes...
Warning: The operation may require a significant amount of
time to complete. Please wait until it is completed.
What is a reasonable amount of time to roll back? It had not run that long, maybe an hour or so, before the roll back started. When I tried to click the Cancel button, it just pops up and says the Image Tool is rolling back the changes and please wait.
What would happen if I "Force Quit" the Image Tool? Would it corrupt the VM?
I was running the option to "Merge Snapshots" when part way through, an error was encountered:
An error occurred while performing the operation. The
changes made to your virtual machine will be rolled back.
Rolling back the changes...
Warning: The operation may require a significant amount of
time to complete. Please wait until it is completed.
What is a reasonable amount of time to roll back? It had not run that long, maybe an hour or so, before the roll back started. When I tried to click the Cancel button, it just pops up and says the Image Tool is rolling back the changes and please wait.
What would happen if I "Force Quit" the Image Tool? Would it corrupt the VM?