Parallels incompatible with future versions of macOS?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PeterA23, Apr 12, 2022.

1. PeterA23

PeterA23 Member

I run Parallels Desktop 17.1.2 (51548) in macOS 12.0.1 (21A559).
    I keep getting this WARNING about Parallels:
    upload_2022-4-12_17-31-47.png
    English translation:
    Older system extension Software on your system has an extension with a signature from "Parallels International GmbH," which will not work with future versions of macOS.
    Contact the developer for support.
    Is this an EXISTENTIAL danger?

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, Parallels works closely with AppleĀ® to ensure that Parallels Desktop continues to function in all future releases of macOSĀ®. Please refer to this KB article to know more.

PeterA23 likes this.
  3. PeterA23

PeterA23 Member

Please list ALL (!) featurePlease list ALL (!) features affected by switching from Parallels hypervisor to Apple hypervisor. Thank you!s affected by switching from Parallels hypervisor to Apple hypervisor. Thank you!

4. PeterA23

PeterA23 Member

Please list ALL (!) features affected by switching from Parallels hypervisor to Apple hypervisor. Thank you!

5. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we are happy to hear your issue got fixed. Please reach us back for any further queries.

6. BFW19

BFW19 Bit poster

Let me reframe the question just a shade. What does this warning mean? What (specific) extension are we talking about (neither Apple or Parallels provide any granularity)? When this day of reckoning comes, where the "extension will not work with future versions of the MacOS", will either my Windows or MacOS crash? Will I be left stranded with either applications , virtual machines, or a computer that doesn't work?

I believe it would be valuable for Parallels to give a more robust and complete answer about this warning, so that owners who are faced with descisions about whether to upgrade related apps, upgrades of the MacOs, etc. know when these decisions "between Apple and Parallels have been worked out" and how to plan accordingly.

Thank you for any insight.