I am running Parallels 6.0 on a Mac running SL 10.6.5.
I only have one VM in Parallels and it is running Windows XP. I recently downloaded Office 2010 (32-bit) for Windows onto the Windows desktop. It is software that should install and run as it is a university contract. When I double click the .iso file on the desktop, Parallels comes back with a window that says:
"Create a New Virtual Machine"
and tells me to
"Insert your Windows (or another operating system) disc into your Mac or choose another installation source"
OK, I could see how it might need the Windows XP system disk to "help" with the install, but why should it want to create a new Virtual Machine????
Thanks,
Nick
I only have one VM in Parallels and it is running Windows XP. I recently downloaded Office 2010 (32-bit) for Windows onto the Windows desktop. It is software that should install and run as it is a university contract. When I double click the .iso file on the desktop, Parallels comes back with a window that says:
"Create a New Virtual Machine"
and tells me to
"Insert your Windows (or another operating system) disc into your Mac or choose another installation source"
OK, I could see how it might need the Windows XP system disk to "help" with the install, but why should it want to create a new Virtual Machine????
Thanks,
Nick