Parallels Installation With No Direct Internet Access

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by parallelso, Oct 11, 2018.

1. parallelso

parallelso Junior Member

Can someone please clarify the internet access Parallels 13/14 Desktop requires to function? The Parallels documentation describes internet connection is required to authorize the software, but does not clarify whether internet connection is required to continue using the software. I currently have Parallels 8 Desktop. For security reasons the computer i use does not connect to the internet directly, only through virtual machines. Parallels 8 Desktop can be authorized offline, no internet connection, and will continue to function without an internet connection. Does Parallels 13/14 Desktop operate the same way, will it continue to function without internet connection after it is authorized, or does the computer have to be connected to the internet, either periodically or continually, to keep Parallels functioning?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi parallelso, with the latest Parallels Desktop versions there is no need for internet once the activation is complete but to check for updates you will need an internet connection.

3. parallelso

parallelso Junior Member

Thank you. I have one more question.

For at least a few versions after Parallels Desktop 8, features were removed from the Desktop version to a "Pro" version. I reviewed the user manuals for Parallels Desktop 12, 13, and 14. It appears that these removed features have been put back into the Desktop version starting with Parallels Desktop 13. The features i am most interested in are host-only network, snapshots, and custom shared folders. Can you please confirm that these features exist in Parallels Desktop 13? If they are limited in some way, can you please describe. I am interested in Parallels Desktop 13 right now, i may upgrade to newest version later.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Unfortunately, we do not sell Parallels Desktop 13 anymore. Features you requested are available on Standard version but advanced features are available on Pro subscription.