Parallels Internet Security not trusted by Vista Security Center

plunkettphoto

Bit poster
I have successfully installed Parallels Desktop and created a VM that uses my existing boot camp installations of Vista. The Parallels Tools appeared to be successfully installed but when I try to turn on Virus Protection in Parallels Internet Security I get a an error dialog that says "This Program will not run", "Security Center did not trust this program because its identity can't be verified"

What do I need to do?

thanks
bill plunkett
 
Dear plunkettphoto,
We have created a ticket for you in our system.
You should check your mailbox and follow the confirmation link in
order to proceed with fixing the issue.

Thank you for choosing Parallels.
 
Don't really have a solution. Created a new VM and installed Tools and so far it's working. I seem to be having a couple of hic-ups running a Parallels VM created from an existing Boot Camp Partition but all-in-all it seems to be working OK....
 
Not sure there is a best--for all systems, all times, and all users.

Also, I am not a fan of all-in-one security packages.

You need a firewall, an antivirus program, and spyware protection (detection and removal at least; some provide real-time protection as well).

You can research alternatives at download.com. For each type, rank search results there by Cnet editors' ratings and read their reviews for their best choices; also rank search results by users' reviews, because editors don't review everything. (To sort search results there, just click on the corresponding column head.)


Pinnacle Security
 
Back
Top