Parallels license shown active but with ancient version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by holger3, Nov 7, 2023.

1. holger3

holger3 Bit poster

I recently discontinued my subscription: I am not absolutely sure if it should be still active, however, in my account it is shown as being active. However, I only see Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Even if my subscription is already terminated, I would expect the last version that I paid for (by subscription) to be available.

So what does this mean?

And since I am already raising a question here, is it possible to use Parallels with an M3 and a 64bit Windows version?

2. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have verified your account.
    Your subscription has already expired and auto renewal has already been disabled.
    Can you please share a screenshot where you can see your subscription is still active?

You have currently an active Parallels Desktop 12 permanent license.

As you know, Parallels cares deeply about the quality of our software products and the experience we provide. Since the new Mac computers with the Apple M3 chips have just been released, we will continue to do extensive testing and evaluations, both in our lab and with your help. We will provide an update as soon as possible. However, if you find an issue with Parallels Desktop that can be reproduced on a Mac with an Apple M3 chip, kindly share your experience on the Forum.

Thanks

3. holger3

holger3 Bit poster

Ok, then I have mistaken the permanent license with a final rest of the subscription period.

If I would renew the subscription to install the latest version, then terminate the subscription again after a year, would I fall back to the Parallels 12 license or keep the latest version of the subscription period?

I had the subscription for quite some time but noticed that I haven't used any Windows app for years, which is why I terminated the contract. Unfortunately there may be situations every few years where I need a Windows system, because for example MS Office Mac lacks some features of the Windows version.

4. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,

Thank you. for your feedback.

That's correct. You will have only the Parallels Desktop 12 as a valid permanent license if you do not renew your subscription. And thus, you will not be eligible to use the more recent versions or the latest one.

Thanks