Parallels NAT adapters not listed in Network Preferences pane

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SJR, Mar 4, 2010.

1. SJR

SJR Member

I have tried uninstalling Parallels (PD5) and reinstalling the latest version, but these two adaptors do not get created for me.

Going into Terminal and doing ifconfig shows that en2 and en3 drivers are not loaded (clues there?)

Can anyone tell me how to get this sorted please?

Thanks

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,

I'm actually proud to present, that Parallels Interfaces are not shown any more in NetworkPreferences by default. To make them shown, refer to http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v5/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/22245.htm You can open this dialog by choosing Preferences from the Parallels Desktop menu.

Also, Parallels Interface were renamed to vnic0 (for SharedNetworking) and vnic1 (for HostOnly)

3. SJR

SJR Member

Hi Elric,

Thanks for the prompt reply - I have now managed to display my parallels adaptors!

Maybe you can help me with the problem that I am trying to get round here...

I have a USB wireless network adaptor that only has Windows drivers.
    I am able to connect to my corporate wireless network using this adaptor in a Windows XP VM.
    What I want to do is share this wireless connection with my host OSX (as my MacBook Pro's Airport adaptor will not connect to our corporate wireless network due to compatability issues between the MacBook Pro and the Aironet 1600 Access Points my company uses).

So, I would like to get all of my Mac apps (mail, safari etc etc) using the wireless network internet connected established by the VM.

I read somewhere that this can be achieved using host-only networking, but cannot figure out how to configure everything to get this working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,

you can try this article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5557

5. SJR

SJR Member

Thanks Elric - got it sorted now!