Parallels Pro Trial: RAM and disk size too low?

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by bug-finder, Mar 29, 2023.

1. bug-finder

bug-finder Bit poster

I've been happily using Parallels 17 Home for legacy Windows apps for a while.

Now I'm trying to check if I can use Parallels Pro for academic research (Pandas, numpy etc).
    For my project, I need a VM with 70-80 GB RAM and 3-6TB disk to fit the datasets. 8 CPU should be enough.
    The "Compare Editions" page says Pro allows for 18 CPU and 128 RAM on M1. I assume there is no disk size limit?

But when I click Configure in new Ubuntu VM, for some reason it says "max 8 CPU, 8GB ram and 2TB disk"?
    (I clicked "try Pro" on website and installed Parallels 18.2.0 (53488) on the M2 Max laptop)

Is something wrong with my installation? Are there any hidden settings I can change?

2. bug-finder

bug-finder Bit poster

Update: I restarted Parallels and now it shows max 128 RAM and max 12 CPU, which is great. How to increase the disk size beyond 2TB?

3. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Unfortunately, currently the limit for the virtual hard drive is 2 TB.
    However, please note that we have submitted a feature request for this issue.
    Once there is a response from our Development team - whether it is a request for additional information, a workaround or a permanent fix - we will let you know.
    You can also subscribe to this article to get notifications for updates: https://kb.parallels.com/en/120658
    Thank you.