Parallels seems kind of Frozen, but Windows cursor still blinks.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Dakine83, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Dakine83

Dakine83 Bit poster

Hello,

I'm facing a new issue today. My windows 10 VM in Parallels 12 on MacOS 10.13.3 is suddenly not responding to input. I get the spinning beach ball mac cursor, and I am unable to click on anything in windows, nor do key strokes work. All I can do is force quit Parallels. when I start Parallels again, rather than showing the control center, it immediately stars the VM, which is in the exact state I left it.

No other Parallels commands seem to work while this is happening. The windows cursor is still animated and blinking while this is happening. This is leading me to believe the VM is running fine, but the Parallels tool itself is having difficulty.

There's no discernible pattern to when this happens.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Dakine83

Dakine83 Bit poster

Update: I've confirmed the VM is still functioning. I use it as a web server and I can still hit the services and pages it contains. Just can't interact with it, despite being able to also watch the screen change.

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Dakine83, Kindly go to the top menu bar and click on actions, ACTIONS--> TAKE SNAPSHOT. again click on ACTIONS--> RESET and check if it helps.