Parallels slows down to a VERY slooow crawl

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TAHARVEY, Jul 3, 2009.

1. TAHARVEY

TAHARVEY Junior Member

After moving from parallels 3 to 4 I've been having speed problems. After running parallels for a couple days, it will slow down to the point that a 10 seconds operation takes 20 minutes. Not kidding. Even after closing all other mac applications it does not change. No CPU load either (parallesl is taking 10%). I have to reboot parallels to fix.

Any way to fix this with reverting to parallels 3?

2. Srinivasulu.V

Srinivasulu.V Hunter

3. TAHARVEY

TAHARVEY Junior Member

I looked at the link.

boot time is not the problem. It is after it has run for a long time

4. ronnya

ronnya Bit poster

Am I really expected to boot up the VM and leave it alone for an hour before I start using it?

This is incredibly frustrating. If you don't have a working solution, can you at least come up with a timetable for when you'll get one?

5. Gustavo Scotti

Gustavo Scotti Bit poster

I'm having the same issue here. At start, parallels page-in the whole virtual memory taken by prl_vm_app. As time passes, it starts to page-out. I don't know what's the matter with that, I'm afraid you need to use an special heap alloc from Mac OS X api to avoid it to be paged in/out. That's something you absolutely have to work on.